Since March 17, the day we were closed, Atlas Cinemas has been working on reopening plans and safety protocols for our staff and guests. We are a local, family owned theater business that believes in our community, and understand that there is a lot riding on us reopening successfully. We do not take our responsibility lightly. We are continuously evaluating local, state and federal guidelines to assure that we provide a safe, clean and fun atmosphere for all. As always, Atlas Cinemas is committed to our guests, employees and local community. We plan to provide you with the safest, best experience and look forward to seeing you again at the movies.
Here is a list of basic safety procedures at Atlas Cinemas:
· Hand Washing- All staff will continuously and properly wash hands in all aspects of service. Frequency will be increased going forward. As always, we provide plenty of handwashing stations and supplies for use.
· Surface Disinfecting- High-contact surfaces such as door handles, counter tops, faucets, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected a minimum of every 30 minutes. We will also continue to deep clean auditoriums, bathrooms, and surfaces nightly. Seats, cupholders and railings will be wiped down regularly and nightly.
· Safe Social Distancing- We will have and maintain appropriate physical distancing as recommended by the CDC and Health District. Signage will be in place to help guide guests, and staff will be proactive in implementation. Auditoriums will have lowered capacities to allow our guests to spread out, and we ask our guests to help us in maintaining social distancing in the auditoriums. We ask that groups sit at least 6 feet away from other groups and groups be limited to family that came together. Please respect the health and wellbeing of others at all times.
· Stay at Home if you are sick- All staff will be screened daily for wellness, and as is the normal policy, will be required to stay home if they are sick. We also ask that our guests stay home if they do not feel well.
· Protective Personal Equipment- All staff will wear masks while on duty at the theaters. In addition to handwashing stations for staff, we will also provide hand sanitizer and gloves for use. All staff will be required to use these items properly. We have installed additional protection like plexiglass shielding at service stations. This is to provide the extra layer of protection for our guests and staff.
· All guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online if possible, to cut down on contact points. Staff cash and credit handling will be limited to reduce risk and exposure, as food handlers will not be taking the orders. These functions will be separated to cut down on contact points as well.
Please help us keep Atlas Cinemas a safe, clean and fun environment for everyone. We hope that we can see you soon.
© 2019 Atlas Cinemas